Monday 31 October 2011

Planning for production: Typography

One of the most important aspects of film production is choosing the correct font, All the great horror films have their own identifiable fonts. The typography of a movie does really shape the target audience, if the font is too rounded it can be misunderstood in genre, also the name of the film is essential, My group and I choose the title "DEATH JAM" we all felt that this was perfect due to its a shortened summary of the plot outline.

Choosing the right font.

I logged onto www.dafont.com and chose 8 unique fonts (seen on the left), I then download and imported these into photoshop where I began to manipulate and adjust the fonts to a suitable format.




I then began to select my top 2 on the grounds how much did the font relate to the main themes and genre of the project. Using my knowledge of textual analysis I then began to weigh both fonts on how well they would suit the role of the main typography. Here are my results:




The font I have decided to headline as the typography of this project is "Cold night for Alligators"



No comments:

Post a Comment