Saturday 18 February 2012

Evaluation question 4: How did you use media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?

iMovie
iMovie is where the whole editing process took place. Here we were able to crop clips, add sound to our trailer and use titles. I thought that using iMovie took a couple of hours to get the hang of, but after getting the hang of it, it became useful. We had a few challenges during the editing process, such as actually developing our trailer to tell a story. We had to discard the first edit of our trailer because of this, however, after many hours of hard work, we managed to make a trailer that not only we were happy with but actually told a story and had conventions of trailers.



Blogger
I used blogger throughout the whole course, primarily to show the different stages I had to go through to be able to make the final trailer. On blogger, I developed my ways of expressing my work, for example, use of slideshare, soundcloud, hyperlinks, images and scribd. Using various ways of expressing my work, shows that I have developed my skills in using digital technologies.

Garageband

I used garageband automation to manipulate frequency levels of a song used in our trailer. Research in to automation allowed me to develop my skills in garageband, which meant I was able to quickly change mood and atmosphere in my trailer. For example, in a murder scene, the diagetic sound is made to sound as if it is non-diagetic, I was able to do this through maniuplating frequency levels in garageband.




Photoshop
Photoshop was one of the main digital technologies used. We used it to create our logo, production comany, magazine and posterDuring our AS course we were required to create a music magazine cover, contents page and double page feature article using photoshop the skills learnt were vary basic and were simply introducing us to the programme due to myself and many of my other classmates not having any previous experience with the programme. However, during our A2 course we were required to produce a magazine front cover and a film poster using photoshop. My previous skills were used and developed in terms of using more layer styles to create a more professional look, manipulating layers by changing the colour levels, changing the brighness, huge etc and finallly extracting and adding a series of images to my final product. 






From these skills we were able to create these: 





Slideshare
Slideshare has enabled me to express powerpoints I have made in an advanced way on my blog.
Examples of me using slideshare in my blog:





Celtx
Before this year, I had never heard of celtx and had no idea how to use it. We had a lesson in school where we were to features of celtx and how we should use it to create our screen plays. Celtx was key prior to the filming process, it enabled us to do risk assessments, production schedule, screen play etc. Celtx is used in the professional industry to create screen plays. 



Camera work

At AS we had very basic knowledge of using a camera; any experience we had was probably from using our phones, therefore, during our prelim task, footage that was shot wasn't of the highest quality. At A2, we had more advanced cameras, allowing us to capture more professional shots. We were able to do this by being taught how to properly use a camera, for example, we were taught how to use focus, zoom and that we had to pay more attention to appeture and the lighting around us. This shows that we went from a very basic knowledge of camera work, to a much more advanced level, this was shwon through our trailer.




No comments:

Post a Comment